The Club offers approximately 5 trips per month which vary throughout the year depending on the season, weather, and trip host(s) availability; club members are encouraged to also join/assist guided tours with Stacked Adventures too. AS the Club grows we hope to offer more trips as well; members are encouraged to share their knowledge of places to go. Trips vary in theme from local sea kayaking tours, skill development workshops, downwinding + riding currents, and soo much more! Most trips are 2-3 hours in length and range from beginner to intermediate level skills; see below for ratings scale.
Members benefit by gaining access to Club trips while paddling in safety with others, gain access to boat storage & kayaking gear library (additional fees do apply), develop their kayaking skills through Club workshops, logistics support for travel trips (Club truck & trailer), and much more! Club members can also get discounts through Stacked Adventures on gear rentals & purchases, guided tours, and private services.
Alameda Paddling Club is for kayakers who want to share their kayaking experiences with others, develop their kayaking skills, and expand their kayaking adventures locally & beyond. The club is for people who already know how to paddle and want to benefit from being part of a paddling community that will support its members on & off land for fun, safe, and exciting adventures. The Club is sponsored and supported by Stacked Adventures.
Rating levels 1-5:
1) - suitable for all levels and abilities, trip will be 1-2 hours in length. Optimal weather/water conditions.
2) - suitable for all levels and abilities, trip will have 2-4 hours on the water, can include night paddling, expect winds less than 10 knots / current less than 3 knots / waves less than 2’.
3) - prior kayaking experience in recommend, trip will be 2-4 hours in length with waves (1-3’) & wind (10+ knots) on the water. Participants should have a high degree of comfort on the water, and know how to self-rescue in rough water conditions.
4) - prior paddling experience is required + all of #3, trip will be 3-4 hours in length, there will be significant current, wind, & waves with unpredictable weather, possible open ocean / coastal / tidal current paddling conditions. Participants should be comfortable with "wet exits," edging & bracing your boat, and know proper paddling techniques for adverse conditions. Wet /dry suits, helmets, boats with skeg or rudder, and ability to do an eskimo roll are highly recommended. Trip Leader approval is required.
5) - prior rough water paddling experience is required, all of the requirements of #4 + combat roll required. These are full day experiences that are exhausting & exhilarating with high degrees of risk. Dry / wet suits, & helmets required equipment. Trip Leader approval is required.Type your paragraph here.
To join the club, click the blue button above. It's easy! Join the Club through "Meet-Up," answer a few questions, pay the $8.00 annual dues, and that's it! You can now start benefitting from Club membership! All club members must attend a short orientation before their first event. We hold these before each event for your convenience.